HI. So I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award (FINALLY). Honestly, I’ve been blogging for 2 years now (granted – on and off), and this is the first award I’ve ever gotten nominated for. I was nominated for this award by Khalid, an extremely weird-but-sweet guy. His blog is filled with genius stuff, really: a mixture of depressing stuff (75% of his posts) and some random fun ones. My point is, he’s a good writer, and is so good at expressing himself through his posts (not jealous at all), and you should consider reading his blogs sometime. Thank you for this, Khalid, and let’s hope I can answer your questions properly.
Okay, so for those of you who aren’t familiar with this award, I am not going to try to explain it to you, because I suck at that, but you can find everything you need to know here.
Here are the 11 questions I’ve been asked:
- Favourite book?
This is always a tough one, because it’s so hard to narrow down all the books I’ve ever read, and pick just one. I would have to go with A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, although The Kite Runner by the same author comes a close second.
2. Favourite song?
Fix You by Coldplay is my all-time favourite.
3. Favourite Quote?
“I know I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.”
I find this quote always motivates me, and also keeps me calm under pressure.
4. What would be your superpower?
Flying sounds perfect, because of the constant, annoying traffic in my city, and also it would permit me to fulfill my dream of circumnavigating the earth without really spending any money on my travel. (That’s a win right there!)
However, I’d also love to add to it the ability to receive a generous (unlimited) supply of food at all times, without really moving a finger, or bothering anyone.
So basically, I want to be able to travel around the world with an unlimited supply of food. How hard can that be, right?
5. Would you alter the past if you could, knowing the full ramifications of doing so?
Not really. I do have a few regrets, but the past is the past, and it has brought me where I am today, irrespective of them being pleasant or unpleasant situations. I’m more of a live-for-the-moment person. No regrets about the past, no worries for the future.
6. If your life was a book, would you read it all the way to the end?
Nah. Like I said, I like living in the present. And also, I like a little mystery. Knowing what will happen to me in the future – whether in the next moment, or a few years down the line – would just be a buzzkill, and it would make my life dull and boring. (Even more than it is currently.)
7. If you could escape to a fictional universe would you do so?
Yes, to get rid of people and live a solitary life. But only temporarily. Reality is fun, too. Sometimes.
8. What’s the driving force behind your blog posts?
My inspiration for my blog posts differs for each blog. It’s mostly my day-dreams that inspire me to write a post, but also sometimes, my surroundings – something I hear on a TV show/movie, a book I read, or even a random conversation with someone.
9. What inspired you to start your blog?
It was two years ago. I had a long summer vacation ahead of me, with absolutely no plans as to how to pass my time. I came across a friend’s blog on facebook, and thought it’d be a good idea. A friend of mine is also partially responsible for pushing me to take the final plunge and go for it, because I wasn’t really sure myself.
10. At what number does saying ‘Sorry’ lose its value?
I don’t think there’s really a number for that. Personally, I say sorry a lot. And I mean them all the time. (Okay, most times.) I think “sorry” loses its value when it isn’t really followed up by action that proves that the person is actually sorry. Saying sorry a lot is not necessarily bad, but I think SHOWING that you are sorry is sometimes more significant.
11. What group of people do you value the most in your life?
My family, and a handful of friends. They are the only people that actually matter in my life, anyway.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I hate chocolate. Sour candy > chocolate. (SOUR PUNK FTW)
2. I ALWAYS tell the truth. I also sometimes use it as an excuse for my rudeness.
3. I am really good at keeping secrets, mostly because I hate gossiping.
4. I am short-tempered, irritable, and I absolutely love ranting and arguing with people.
5. Twitter is my guilty pleasure. Saying I tweet too much would be an understatement, really.
6. I don’t care about people’s opinions of me, except if those people are close and matter to me.
7. I talk really loud. I also laugh loud. I’m just a loud person in general, I think.
8. I am not a big fan of change. Whether it is a change in my daily schedule, or something as small as a change in a TV show I watch, I get very uncomfortable when things don’t follow their regular pattern, and it usually takes me quite some time to adjust to it.
9. I’m not comfortable sharing details of my private life even with people I’m familiar with, just one or two whom I completely trust.
10. I tend to dislike things/people that everyone loves. I’m not at all the kind of person who’d hop-on-the-bandwagon. I trust my own opinions in matters like these.
11. I love eye makeup! I am not at all girly, but eye makeup is something I have always been very fascinated with.
These are the 11 questions I came up (WITH A LOT OF DIFFICULTY!):
1. Favourite music artist/band?
2. What, according to you, is your best quality?
3. What is the one thing that drives you nuts?
4. Who is your favourite fictional character?
5. What do you want to get/already have as a tattoo?
6. What serves as an effective stress-buster for you?
7. What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
9. Do you have any unusual pet peeves?
10. What is your favourite quote?
11. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
The blogs I nominate are: